- ‘Re: git versus CVS (versus bk)’ – MARC
A remarkably objective (for Linus) comparison of CVS and git. Not that there’s any contest, to be honest.
- Who is preventing the release of Java 1.7?
A cautionary tale to anyone who thinks that opensourcing automatically frees software (make sure you read Neal’s response).
- HTML5 presentation
Beautiful interactive overview of HTML5
- iPhone/iPad development, by jwz
This is why he sells beer.
- INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX Structure (Windows)
When extending interfaces, it’s sometimes wiser to use “2″ as a suffix.
- C | //File ISBN Validation System
Who knew validating an ISBN number was so hard?
- DataMapper is inherently broken
This is actually a great illustration of the benefits of checked exceptions
- Bruce Eckel is Wrong
Checked exceptions are a good thing, learn to use them properly.