The TestNG team is happy to announce the release of TestNG 2.5.
Highlights of this release:
- A brand new Web site.
- An IDEA plug-in, courtesy of Hani Suleiman and
- An improved Maven plug-in.
- You can now specify entire packages in testng.xml instead of
enumerating all your test classes.
- alwaysRun configuration methods: if a test fails, any
configuration methods annotated with this boolean will always be run,
regardless of whether something wrong happened during the tests.
- Package support in testng.xml.
The full list of changes is included below.
Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this release, it’s a pretty major
step for TestNG!
Change list for TestNG
- Added: ITestListener.onTestStart(ITestResult)
- Added: Support for <packages>
- Fixed: @Configuration methods were not invoked with individual test methods
- Added: Resource files for easier ant taskdefs
- Fixed: Bug with ExpectedExceptions
- Fixed: Didn’t support nested factory classes
- Fixed: NPE if -target is omitted with JDK 1.4
- Fixed: @Configuration failures in a class would cause other classes to fail
- Fixed: beforeTestClass/afterTestClass were broken for a pathological case
- Added: @Configuration(alwaysRun)
- Added: JUnitConverter task
- Fixed: < and > characters in reports were not escaped
- Fixed: Class dialog wasn’t showing @Factory classes
- First release!
- Added: Brand new look!!!
- Added: Section on testng.xml
- Fixed: Numbering of sections