I have just been hit by the nastiest spam attack yet. When I got up
this morning, I found more than nine thousand (9000!) emails in my Inbox.
They all follow the same pattern:
- They come from a different email address (different domain even).
- The wording is slightly modified from one email to the other (they are
- They are sent to a randomly-generated email address to my domain.
- They only contain three lines, so my spam filter was unfortunately
unable to flag them as spam.
- The web site they point to seems to be randomly generated but it does
indeed work and point to a Canadian drug firm: basdf kjlke.com
(space inserted on purpose) which I hope will be shut down by the time you
I am having a hard time believing this kind of flooding is even effective at
all, but fortunately, it didn’t take me more than ten minutes to clean up my
Inbox. What a waste of time.